Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Madrid is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. View the marvellous frescoes at Plaza Mayor, enjoy tapas in La Latina, or take a stroll with the locals in the Parque del Buen Retiro; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Madrid and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Madrid Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Madrid map (included in print version), plus over 25 neighbourhood maps
- Covers Salamanca, Plaza Mayor, Royal Madrid, La Latina, Lavapies, Malasana, Chueca, Parque del Oeste, Sol, Santa Ana, Huertas, El Retiro, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Madrid , our most comprehensive guide to Madrid, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Madrid? Check out Lonely Planet Pocket Madrid, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Spain guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Spain, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.